Thursday, September 1, 2016

Wine Bottle Centerpiece

This project is super easy, very customizable,, and is a great way to reuse old wine bottles! The only materials you need are:

  • wine bottle (without labels)
  • twine
  • small rocks
  • fake flowers
  • tacky glue
I got the twine, glue and fake flowers at Michael's Craft Store, the pebbles at Dollar Tree.

(I apologize for the photo being so dark)

In case you are unsure of how to get the labels (and annoying sticky glue) off of wine bottles, I have a simple solution for you. Fill your sink with HOT water, 1/2 cup baking powder, 1 Tbsp of dish soap, and 2 cups white vinegar. Submerge the bottles in this mix and the labels will start pealing off in now time. Even if all the glue does not come off the bottle right away, it will easily scrape off.

After doing this, gather all your materials and let's get to work!

First I started by taking the end of the twine and gluing it to the bottle, start wherever you'd like depending on how much twine you wish to have covering the bottle. I only wrapped the middle of the bottle with twine as you will see in a bit. After making sure the twine is stuck to the bottle, you can start wrapping it up in any direction. To make some cool designs you can overlap each layer of twine. Once I wrapped the amount of twine I wanted around the bottle, I glued what would be the end to the bottle and then cut it from the bundle of twine.

Second, I filled the bottom of the bottle (about two inches high) with the small rocks I purchased at Dollar Tree. I did this more for stability but because I used green bottles you can see them through the glass which is a pretty cool look.

The final step was just adding the flowers, simply placing the stem in the neck of the bottle, it's okay if the stems do not reach the bottle of the bottle.

For my center piece I used three but you can use as little or as many as you'd like.
This is the end result!




No comments:

Post a Comment